17 February 2015

Adrian Vigus-Brown - WorldChefs Young Chef Ambassador for Africa


Adrian Vigus-Brown

  1. Why are you interested to be a Young Chefs Ambassador?
  2. What qualities do you bring to this role?
  3. List & Explain your 3 objectives you wish to achieve in your 2-year term as Ambassador, and how you would go about achieving them? 

1)  I am interested in becoming a Young Chef Ambassador for the simple reasons that I wish to engage with, inspire, motivate, uplift and enlighten all young chefs regardless of their race, beliefs, financial standing and show them that being a chef is the proudest and most for filling job in the world, with that comes the opportunity to expand and build on the WorldChefs YCC model but here in Africa, I am also very fortunate to have the likes of Chef Billy Gallagher a telephone call away and I want to make his vision come true here in Africa more than anything, he would be so pleased and chuffed to see that happen

2)  The qualities I feel that would assist and push me in this role are, The ability to be confident enough to approach and engage with people from all walks of life, the ability to put my hands up and say I need help or advice, the ability to look past a person’s standing and assist them regardless, the ability to never accept a defeat not look down on a challenge, the ability to plan and execute tasks and roles timely and the biggest ability I feel is the one to accept that advice and assistance is vitally important and to always seek it but also to give it when someone requires it

3)  Objective 1: I would like to look to ensure during my term, that all WorldChefs Accredited associations within Africa have the plan of, or are implementing a YCC in their country and to ensure that they have the support they will need to make this happen
Objective 2: I would like to ensure that there is some form of skills/educational/social interchanging between the YCC’s not only in Africa but internationally to ensure that there is productive growth and social bonds between young chefs, as we all know and have been told, the bond of chefs last years, why don’t we forge these sooner rather than later
Objective 3: I would like to ensure that any tasks, objectives, responsibilities given to me by WorldChefs YCC are executed timely, professionally, prove to be meaningful to the cause and to ensure that I not only do my association proud, but to ensure that I make my mentors proud. I want to also be an example for all young chefs to look at and say nothing is impossible, passion, pride and dedication can get you to where you want to be   

The Countries within my reach are all Young Chefs Club within Africa and Middle East as of now those include:
Qatar, Liberia, Egypt, Namibia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Mauritius, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia,

No comments: